I've been working towards porting the Thin Client to different boards and wanted an idea of the hardware requirements relating to the the processing power and memory needed.
Here's a brief on what kind of a implementation I am looking for:
- I'll only be using the serial line communication abilities of the Thin Client and as such won't be needing things such as AJWSL etc. as I'll only be building for the SLAP protocol.
- I did some digging around and currently it seems that the files from /crypto, /external and /malloc are needed apart from the core modules under /inc and src/. I'll also have to write new files in the /target folder corresponding to the desired target platform.
Here's what I need to know:
- Is any sort of encryption done when serial communication is used?
- If yes, will a board with a 16 bit single thread processor and 64k RAM and 64k ROM be able to match the hardware requirements for it?
- If no, will a similar board be able to do that anyway?